Sean P. Murray
Sean Murray is a partner in the firm’s personal injury practice. Sean is a true trial attorney who has obtained numerous multi-million dollar jury verdicts and settlements. Throughout his career, Sean has been committed to delivering outstanding results for his clients. He has successfully handled a wide range of personal injury cases, including construction injuries, trucking and motor vehicle accidents, premises liability (slip and fall claims), workplace injuries including the representation of union workers, product liability claims, and medical malpractice lawsuits. He has consistently been named one of the Top Young Attorneys in Illinois since 2008 by Chicago Magazine’s Super Lawyer publication, a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Illinois. He has also been selected by fellow trial attorneys as an Illinois Leading Lawyer, is the 2012 recipient of the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin’s Trial Lawyer Excellence Award, and has been named one of only 40 attorneys in Illinois to be selected as a National 40 under 40 Trial Lawyer for the year 2012.
Sean has developed an impressive record as a trial attorney in the courtroom fighting on behalf of his clients. Sean has obtained many notable jury verdicts and settlements. His recent verdicts and settlements include:
- $67,191,333.33 state record, federal jury verdict including punitive damages on behalf of a laborer who was injured while working on a ConAgra grain bin that exploded causing severe burn injuries. The offer prior to verdict was $4,100,000.
- $6,000,000 settlement for a union concrete laborer that fell 22′ when a deck under construction collapsed due to a lack of shoring.
- $2,950,000 settlement for the family of a union ironworker who fell 19′ and died on a jobsite due to inadequate fall protection.
- $2,756,441.82 state record jury verdict in a medical malpractice case on behalf of a young girl who suffered a lacerated tendon to her middle finger following a c-section delivery. The offer prior to trial was $300,000.
- $2,500,000 settlement for a female ironworker who fell 12′ and broke both of her wrists due to the general contractor failing to erect a life line for her to tie off to.
- $2,111,117.38 jury verdict for a union worker that fell from a ladder fracturing his heel and wrist. The offer prior to trial was $645,000.
- $2,050,000.00 settlement for an iron worker injured when a ladder fell on him during a downtown high rise project.
- $1,950,000 settlement for an ironworker who fell from a crane causing him to fracture both wrists and injure his shoulders.
- $1,375,000 state record settlement for a 96 year old man that slipped and fell on a recently mopped floor and broke his hip ultimately causing his death.
- $1,000,000 settlement for a man severely injured after he contacted a live overhead power line while carrying a ladder.
- $810,315 record LaSalle County verdict for an ironworker who injured his ankle after tripping on debris. The offer prior to trial was $100,000.
- $616,788 jury verdict for a 75 year old woman that slipped and fell and injured her ankle and shoulder in a parking lot. The offer prior to trial was $135,000.
- $600,420 record Kankakee County jury verdict for a drywaller that broke his wrist when he tripped and fell over an electrical cord on a jobsite. The offer prior to trial was $0.
- $407,545 verdict against the City of Chicago for a woman that broke her elbow after tripping and falling on a cracked sidewalk. The offer prior to trial was $2,500.
Sean is a tenacious lawyer who has proven himself a highly capable and winning advocate for his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Injury
- Automobile Negligence
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Trucking Negligence
- Workplace Injuries
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. – 2001
- Western Illinois University
- B.A. (Cum Laude) – 1998
- IICLE 2012 Edition, Illinois Civil Practice: Opening the Case, Chapter 6 Limitations
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Board of Managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association